Course Booking Cancellation Policy
By paying the course fee, you agree to all terms, conditions and costs associated with the course.
1) After payment for the course, you have the following time to complete the course
- Fitness Instructor, Functional Trainer, Nutrition Advisor and Sports Massage – 6 months
- Yoga instructor – 15 months.
The course must be taken within six months of registration/payment.
If the course is not held within the six-month period (Nutrition Advisor, Sports Massage), the enrolment period is extended until the start of the first course held after registration/payment.
2) After enrolling in the course, you have the following time to complete the course
- Fitness Instructor, Functional Trainer, Nutrition Advisor and Sports Massage – 3 months
- Yoga instructor – 12 months
3) If the standard period is exceeded, the courses can be extended by a maximum of 3 months; for each month, the fee is CZK 2,000 (starting from August 1, 2021, the fee will be CZK 2,500).
4) In the event of an illness or injury preventing the completion of the course of study in due time, the course is temporarily suspended for the period of treatment. Such a circumstance must be reported to the Academy immediately after the illness or injury occurs.
The standard study period is automatically extended by the period of study leave declared by the Academy. (two weeks twice a year, four weeks in total)
5) Final examination – the course fee includes the regular final examination. Registration for the examination is mandatory.
Repeat examination – every participant is entitled to retake the final examination for a fee of CZK 1,000.
If all attempts and extensions are used up, the participant must retake the entire course.
6) Withdrawal from the course:
- a) if the participant withdraws before the start of the course, CZK 2,500 will be deducted from the course fee within 30 days of payment of the course fee. In exceptional cases, it is possible to resell the course to another person to avoid fee forfeiture – such reselling must be approved by the course coordinator.
- b) the amount of CZK 4,000 will be deducted from the course fee before the start of the yoga course; if there are less than 30 days before the start of the course, the cancellation fee is 50% of the course price.
- c) if the participant withdraws during the course, the cancellation fee is 100% of the course price.
7) Gift vouchers – vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Course fees paid by vouchers are non-refundable. Vouchers can be redeemed for a course other than the one purchased; if a voucher is redeemed for a cheaper course, the difference in price will not be refunded; in the case of a more expensive course, the difference in price must be paid.
8) Retraining financed by the Labour Office
If you want to take a course reimbursed by the Labour Office (retraining), you will need to pay a refundable deposit if the retraining is approved. This deposit will be refunded if the course is duly completed by the agreed date.
If the participant does not complete the course duly, the deposit will be forfeited in full. In such a case, the participant has the option to complete the course as a self-payer (they have to cover any extra costs).
Refundable course deposits:
9) If the participant withdraws before the commencement of the workshop or fails to attend the workshop, the fee paid will not be refunded.
The amount paid can be transferred to another workshop if the withdrawal is notified in writing at least 48 hours before the workshop. The course coordinator must approve such a transfer.
In case of loss of a course certificate, a duplicate can be issued for a fee of CZK 250.
If the course or workshop participant requests a correction of the data on the certificate due to incorrect or incomplete filling in of the data in the application form (including diacritics), such correction is charged CZK 250.
11) Force majeure
In case of cancellation of an educational event due to force majeure, the fees paid will not be refunded. Participants can attend the same event on a subsequent (alternative) date or choose another Improve Academy product (training course). If a more expensive product is chosen, the participant must pay the price difference.
By paying the course / educational event fee, the participant accepts any changes in tuition form (from in-person to online or vice versa).